Truth always finds a way

In this forum, no one can hear you rant...

Truth always finds a way

Postby Herman Hum » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:30 am

On 3 September, 2014, the Harpoon community witnessed MatrixGames conduct a massive exercise in shredding huge numbers of threads, documents, and other incriminating evidence; one can only wonder what they need to hide.

One likely possibility is this thread that was made to disappear. When false allegations and ridiculous claims are so easily dis-proven and thoroughly destroyed by a single posted message, the only way some folks can to 'win' an argument is to try and make the other side disappear. Luckily, this type of behaviour is so commonplace and predictable from hhq that it was foreseen 8 years ago; the threads were saved and preserved for just this eventuality and are re-posted here for posterity.

The original saved files along with their URLs have been attached for those interested in reading them in their original format.
Truth always finds a way.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re: Truth always finds a way

Postby Herman Hum » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:46 am

I started going through your 'research' and decided that it was so poorly done that I simply could not continue. After only looking at the first entry, I realized that you had not done anything at all except look at the name of the weapon. Obviously, this was done in order to support your case as any extraneous details (also know as Facts) would not get in your way.

Note: I did not have to 'CHERRY-PICK' any special cases in order to prove how utterly worthless your 'research' is. I simply took the first example on your list for my analysis. Since you have so carefully selected 48 cases that support your agenda and ignored all others, I shall return the favour and ignore the remaining 47 since they are as flawed as the first.

1) The torpedo you have listed is the Spearfish torpedo. I notice that you have conveniently forgotten to note in your chart that the DB2k has two versions of this weapon.

ID: Name: Name
390 Spearfish Mod 0|20nm
755 Spearfish Mod 1|20nm

2) Again, you have conveniently managed to compare it with the entry that most supports your case, #755. Unfortunately, the PlayersDb and HUD have this weapon numbered as #390. For the purposes of this discussion, I will compare the exact same weapon from all three databases.

3) For the convenience of those without knowledge of the DB editor, I have attached three images from the three files in question.

HUD-II / H3DB / HCDB

PlayersDB

DB2k

Those unable to differentiate between the three images need to stop reading as you will certainly find the analysis confusing.

4) Had you bothered to do ANY research, [instead of making superficial allegations and then being becoming the spokesman for them], you would have seen that the fuel ranges are different. You will note that the PlayersDb value is exactly the same as the HUD-II value.

HUD-II / H3DB / HCDB

PlayersDB

DB2k

5) Had you bothered to do ANY research, [instead of making superficial allegations and then being becoming the spokesman for them], you would have seen that the torpedo engine used by the PlayersDb is nearly identical to the HUD engine both in terms of fuel consumption and speed.

HUD-II / H3DB / HCDB

PlayersDB

DB2k

HUD-II / H3DB / HCDB

PlayersDB

DB2k

Now, you asked about how the Maximum firing range was generally calculated for this particular weapon:

The Maximum range that this weapon will travel with the fuel value of 3103 is 40nm at a speed of 48 kts. This means a travel time of approximately 50 minutes. Under the assumption that a target was capable of moving 40kts in evasion, and that the evasion would start immediately upon detection, a firing range of 6nm was calculated.

This assumes that a target will detect the torpedo upon launch and immediately run away at 40kts. At the end of its run, the torpedo is expected to have travelled 40nm while the target is expected to have travelled only 33.3nm + 6nm original separation. Therefore, the torpedo can be assumed to have caught and and engaged the target. Not all weapons are calculated with the same assumptions, but most share similar baselines.

6) Had you bothered to do ANY research, [instead of making superficial allegations and then being becoming the spokesman for them], you would have found that the sensor used by the PlayersDb more closely resembles the HUD version in terms of both range, capability, and frequency.

HUD-II / H3DB / HCDB

PlayersDB

DB2k

7) Had you bothered to do ANY research, [instead of making superficial allegations and then being becoming the spokesman for them and violating a number of this forum's rules in the meanwhile], you would have found that the communications equipment carried by the PlayersDb version is nearly identical to that carried by the HUD version.

HUD-II / H3DB / HCDB

PlayersDB

DB2k

Be forewarned: Accusations of plagiarism are very serious acts. The commission of such acts on Matrix forums will involve the administration.
Attachments
Plagiarism.zip
(317.26 KiB) Downloaded 2382 times
y2kcomm6mj.gif
y2kcomm6mj.gif (1.63 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
pdbcomm4sf.gif
pdbcomm4sf.gif (4.53 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
hudcomm2ql.gif
hudcomm2ql.gif (3.06 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
y2ksens8mo.gif
y2ksens8mo.gif (12.47 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
pdbsens0jw.gif
pdbsens0jw.gif (12.3 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
hudsens7kv.gif
hudsens7kv.gif (12.44 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
y2kconsump6bk.gif
y2kconsump6bk.gif (3.3 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
pdbconsump5op.gif
pdbconsump5op.gif (3.51 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
hudconsump5xh.gif
hudconsump5xh.gif (3.48 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
y2kengine4hz.gif
y2kengine4hz.gif (4.26 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
pdbengine2wh.gif
pdbengine2wh.gif (4.96 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
hudengine1qc.gif
hudengine1qc.gif (4.86 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
y2kfuel5lg.gif
y2kfuel5lg.gif (1.55 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
pdbfuel1bt.gif
pdbfuel1bt.gif (1.53 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
hudfuel4py.gif
hudfuel4py.gif (1.79 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
y2kspearfish5bi.gif
y2kspearfish5bi.gif (15.62 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
pdbspearfish4jx.gif
pdbspearfish4jx.gif (15.59 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
hudspearfish4iy.gif
hudspearfish4iy.gif (15.25 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re: Truth always finds a way

Postby Herman Hum » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:15 am

ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Return to SS Nostromo