CasoDB AMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

CasoDB AMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Postby aotino » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:26 am

Hey fellow Harpooners,
I have a new custom Db ready to put out there for the purposes of playing a campaign I'm designing that will contain several new scenarios. Subject matter is a contemporary world (2007-2009); events leading to it from the early nineties have taken a different turn than that as we know it. The world is at war with lines drawn across a variety of fronts from the South Pacific, North Pacific, Asia, Indian Ocean, Mid East and South America. If you're interested in a plausible "what if" challenge, check into it. I'll try to get the scenarios out there soon and keep them coming, but would appreciate any play testing and feedback.
(SPECIAL NOTE: THE CasoDB HAS BEEN AMENDED TO INCLUDE ADDITIONAL CREDITS. PLEASE DELETE THE PREVIOUS Database File, AND DOWNLOAD THE CURRENT ATTACHMENT.) :D 8)
Attachments
CasoDB.zip
This is an amended database with additional credit acknowledgments.
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 1262 times
Last edited by aotino on Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aotino
Senior Chief Petty Officer

CasoDB

Postby Herman Hum » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Congratulations on your release.

I understand that you want me to include whatever you post for the CasoDB.zip file and add it to the wildly successful installer used by the PlayersDB so that both databases and scenarios for each will be distributed at the same time. That should not pose a problem.

Just post a message to this thread notifying me that you are editing your message and then posting up a new CasoDB.zip file. I will add it to the PlayersDB installer whenever another release is prepared.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re: New Database and scenarios

Postby aotino » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks Herman Hum,
The scenario designing is the thing here. It's a steep learning curve when you're designing scenarios for public play, as opposed to for one's self. There are traps that you don't see yourself, that other people see quite plainly. Thee are things you totally forget to do, such as turn off auto detect, properly use a Formation Editor of your surface groups, and properly use the Victory Conditions in such a way that they get turned on. Lots of stuff for me to review as these scenarios evolve into maturity. I will appreciate everyone's help in this. I believe this series of scenarios with eventually provide an exciting journey for the interested player. Thanks for all the help thus far. Cheers, Alan Caso :wink:
aotino

New Database and scenarios

Postby Herman Hum » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:35 pm

If all your scenarios are meant only to be played from the Allied side, then you are in luck. You can save a lot of time with the ViConds. The AI side(s) do not need or care about them. Just set them for the player side. :)
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:33 am

Thanks for the tip. That'll save me a ton of time. One more of those things of the intricacies of the game that one learns as they go along. A
Herman Hum wrote:If all your scenarios are meant only to be played from the Allied side, then you are in luck. You can save a lot of time with the ViConds. The AI side(s) do not need or care about them. Just set them for the player side. :)
aotino

New Database and scenarios

Postby Herman Hum » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:03 pm

As per our discussion, I have corrected the Credits.

I have also removed the extraneous Check files (i.e. PlaneCheck.txt, etc) thereby reducing the size of the zip file from 3mB to 1mB.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks Herman. Much appreciated! Alan

Herman Hum wrote:As per our discussion, I have corrected the Credits.

I have also removed the extraneous Check files (i.e. PlaneCheck.txt, etc) thereby reducing the size of the zip file from 3mB to 1mB.
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:39 pm

The 4th NEW Harpoon scenario of the year!

01 Survival of the Fittest

This is the first scenario written for ANW and HUE using the customized CasoDB. The scenario and database are bundled within the PlayersDB installation file due to its popularity and ease of use. Alan is the 35th author to release a Harpoon scenario.

Echoing the philosophy of the man for whom it is named, the small city of Darwin finds itself in a fight for it's very own survival. As the world edged closer and closer to the brink of war in the preceding years and months, the Allies spent much energy, resources and money refitting and enlarging assets and bases around the globe. Unfortunately, Darwin was fairly low on the list.

This has come back to haunt them. Darwin Naval Base named HMAS Coonawarra, the Australian Army base at Larrakeyah Barracks and RAAF Darwin have come under direct attack by IndoChine forces. Some of the older residents will remember the Japanese attacks in the early part of 1942: not a pleasant memory. Then as now, the fears of complete devastation and occupation have become a distinct possibility.

Whether this is a move to neutralize northern Australia or the first step in an all out occupation, Allied forces must draw a line in the sand here and show that they are the ones chosen to be the fittest to survive.

Author: Alan Caso

Harpoon HUE users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

Harpoon ANW users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel

Frequently Asked Questions

ImageImageImageFilesOfScenShare
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:40 am

02 Escape from Diego Garcia

Diego Garcia is the only centrally located base available to the Allies in the Indian Ocean. With the threat of the IndoChine Alliance looming on the horizon, British facilities in the Seychelles and on Mauritius have been expanded, as have the French facilities on Reunion and in the Comoros. However, these British and French bases are far from being large enough to support full-scale invasion fleets and air power.

The IndoChine military planners know this and realize that by neutralizing Diego Garcia, it pushes the Allies to the western end of the Indian Ocean and keeps Allied power projection bottled up there for at least a year or more - time enough for the Alliance to secure a grip on the Indian Ocean theater, and seriously hamper Allied operations in the Persian Gulf and the Arabian Sea.

This is the second scenario written for ANW and HUE using the customized CasoDB. The scenario and database are bundled within the PlayersDB installation file due to its phenomenal popularity and ease of use.

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library
Harpoon ANW users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
Harpoon HUE users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 pm

A new video After Action Report for "Escape from Diego Garcia" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch Escape from Diego Garcia:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HarPlonked? ... kIHtikR3Sc
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 pm

03 Rock The ROC
After two weeks of heavy fighting from Indochine air assaults and missile attacks, ROC resistance concedes to the inevitable. Chinese Indo-Chine naval and air forces commence with an unopposed amphibious assault on Taiwan. ROC naval and air forces must perform an evacuation of all relevant assets to prevent them from falling into Indo-Chine hands.

This is the third scenario written for ANW and HUE using the customized CasoDB. The scenario and database are bundled within the PlayersDB installation file due to its phenomenal popularity and ease of use.

aotino

Postby aotino » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:01 am

04 The Asian Dunkirk
The Allies must get all military assets out of South Korea and fortify Japan. With attacks on South Korea intensifying from the North Koreans, the noose is tightening as the Indochine Alliance begins to form their blockade on these two Allied members.

This is the fourth scenario written for ANW and HUE using the customized CasoDB. The scenario and database are bundled within the PlayersDB installation file due to its phenomenal popularity and ease of use.

aotino

Re: CasoDB AMMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Postby aotino » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey Herman,
Attached is the amended version of The Mauritius Command. It is ready for publishing. Let me know if everything is good. Cheers and thanks, Alan Caso
Attachments
05-1LavenderB2.zip
(175.99 KiB) Downloaded 1377 times
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:16 pm

The scenario has been added to the PlayersDB Installation files. I'll put them online as soon as you make your scenario release announcements.

BTW, is this your FaceBook profile?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/alan-caso/349434040384
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re:

Postby aotino » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks Herman. I'll get to it this weekend. Best, Alan

Herman Hum wrote:The scenario has been added to the PlayersDB Installation files. I'll put them online as soon as you make your scenario release announcements.

BTW, is this your FaceBook profile?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/alan-caso/349434040384
aotino

Next

Return to H3 General discussion