Harpoon 3 v3.6 Launcher

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

Harpoon 3 v3.6 Launcher

Postby Red2112 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi Herman,

We spoke over at the SimHQ forum (alias Gearzlut) regarding the Harpoon 3 v3.6 launcher for Harpoon 3 v3.6.3. I thought It would be better to talk here as we were going off-topic on the thread...

First off, thank you so much for sending me the launcher, very kind of you Sir! I did the installation as discribed on the download page of Subsim and edeted the "Harpoon.INI" file (Data3 and rename sound to Data3). The main window now is at full screen BUT I need to "wipe" the screen each time I open a new window so this is not very practical in the end. The windows just don´t generate well. Iam on Windows 10-64bit with a 1920x1080 resolution.

For now Iam using the ANW version which has a similar launcher (H3 config option on splash screen start-up) which is fine. The only drawback I see is that you can´t resize the "database" window, or the "report" window by draging sides/corners with your mouse as with the map and tactical windows.

Going through all your tutorial videos now (great work and help) and I wonder which would be a good scenario to start with as a newbi? Latest player DB installed BTW.

Once again, thank you for your help and hardwork, and for keeping Harpoon 3 alive! :)

Best regards,

Red
Red2112
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Re: Harpoon 3 v3.6 Launcher

Postby Herman Hum » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Red2112 wrote:First off, thank you so much for sending me the launcher, very kind of you Sir! I did the installation as discribed on the download page of Subsim and edeted the "Harpoon.INI" file (Data3 and rename sound to Data3). The main window now is at full screen BUT I need to "wipe" the screen each time I open a new window so this is not very practical in the end. The windows just don´t generate well. Iam on Windows 10-64bit with a 1920x1080 resolution.

For now Iam using the ANW version which has a similar launcher (H3 config option on splash screen start-up) which is fine. The only drawback I see is that you can´t resize the "database" window, or the "report" window by draging sides/corners with your mouse as with the map and tactical windows.

Going through all your tutorial videos now (great work and help) and I wonder which would be a good scenario to start with as a newbi? Latest player DB installed BTW.

Ahoy Red (Gearzlut),

Sorry to hear about the re-draw requirement in order to re-fresh the screen in WinX. I do not use WinX, so am unable to offer any possible solutions. Someone did say that the newer versions of Windows have a 'run in Compatibility mode' for earlier versions of Windows. You may wish to try this feature.

Sadly, the Database and Status Report windows do not re-size. These are game limitations and not bugs. :(

Some very simple scenarios are: Lone Wolf, Sierra Strike (1st Team), Ambuscade, Bastion, Experiment, MineFld, Contacts, and Deeps. Many of them are found in the "Battles of the 3rd W.War" battleset. Good luck. If you wish to make videos or write AARs, they would be welcome with the others already posted.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re: Harpoon 3 v3.6 Launcher

Postby Red2112 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi Herman,

Thank you for your help. No worrys, I can live the state of both version. Having fun while Iam learning :)

Also thanks for the missions. I will check them out when I finish watching your tutorial videos.

Again, thanks Herman for all the help.

Godspeed and happy hunting Sir!

Best regards,

Red
Red2112
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Return to H3 General discussion