H3 PDB Unhandled exception error

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

H3 PDB Unhandled exception error

Postby Wolff » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:54 am

Version: H3.6.3
Scenario: Mugging the Forrestal
Issue: using a previously saved game, I've crashed twice now Unhandled exception error. Could it have anything to do with all the sonobouys I've dropped? Didn't think to get a ss until after the game locked up second time and closed it. Any help or reminders would be appreciated. Let me know if more info is needed to get me going in the right direction.

Thanks!
Wolff
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Re: H3 PDB Unhandled exception error

Postby Herman Hum » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:38 am

It is entirely possible that a large number of sonobuoys could cause such a crash. I have had hundreds of buoys out without a crash, but it is within the realm of possibility, IMO.

If you are re-starting from a saved game, you might try dropping the contact. When a contact has been lost for quite some time, the Uncertainty Zone can grow fairly large. Select the contact and hit the NumPad3 to drop the contact. If it is re-acquired, it will usually be within a smaller UZone.

Re-tracing events immediately prior to the crash can help ascertain the cause.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby BrettHos » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Wolff wrote:Version: H3.6.3
Scenario: Mugging the Forrestal
Issue: using a previously saved game, I've gained a lot of muscle with D-Bal Max and crashed twice now Unhandled exception error. Could it have anything to do with all the sonobouys I've dropped? Didn't think to get a ss until after the game locked up second time and closed it. Any help or reminders would be appreciated. Let me know if more info is needed to get me going in the right direction.

Thanks!

I can't load up my last save without crashing and I think it might be this error. I've had countless buoys out. Can I do anything or is this save just gone?
Last edited by BrettHos on Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BrettHos
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Postby Herman Hum » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:35 pm

BrettHos wrote:I can't load up my last save without crashing and I think it might be this error. I've had countless buoys out. Can I do anything or is this save just gone?

Welcome aboard, BrettHos.

Please attach the *.SAV file (or files) so that they may be examined. Add as many as you feel necessary. If you have a *.SAV file that still works, post it, because it gives us a starting point at which we can see when things work and then try to run it to the point where things break down.

Also, please zip and attach the 17 *.DAT files from the database folder you used with the *.SAV file along with the Signature.bin and Database.XML files. This will make it easier to re-start/load the *.SAV files. Hopefully, something can be salvaged.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Return to H3 General discussion