Main map disappeared

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

Main map disappeared

Postby stiofan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:19 am

I'm afraid I know the answer to this already ...

In ANW, I moved the main map to the edge of my screen. Now it has disappeared. According to the game's Windows menu, it is still active, but I can't figure out to get back to it.
stiofan
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Re: Main map disappeared

Postby Herman Hum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:47 am

It should be easy to get the Main map back. Use the "Window" pull-down menu and then click on the name of the scenario (map) at the bottom of the menu. That should be the scenario name and is the same name as the Main map window.

Are you playing in Full window mode or Reduced-window mode? Was the Main map open or iconized when you moved it 'off-screen'?
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby stiofan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:18 am

Herman Hum wrote:It should be easy to get the Main map back. Use the "Window" pull-down menu and then click on the name of the scenario (map) at the bottom of the menu. That should be the scenario name and is the same name as the Main map window.

Are you playing in Full window mode or Reduced-window mode? Was the Main map open or iconized when you moved it 'off-screen'?

I was running it with "Run in Windowed Mode" unchecked, at 1024x768. The Main map was open when I moved it. As I indicated, its name appears on the Window pull-down menu, but clicking on that line does nothing. Clicking on the other Window lines (Zoom Maps, etc) does cycle through those maps, but clicking on the Main map (scenario name) does nothing. When I iconise all the windows, there's no sign of the main map.
stiofan
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Postby Herman Hum » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:21 pm

I think that I have run into this problem once or twice, but have been able to fix it. Would it be possible for you to post the save game file as an attachment? I cannot remember exactly what I did to fix it, but might be able to remember by fiddling with it. I might have changed to Windowed mode and then back or used a different resolution.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Return to H3 General discussion