Anti-personnel Weapons

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

Anti-personnel Weapons

Postby aotino » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:45 pm

What are the best AGM's and bombs to use against soft land targets, such as battalions or companies of infantry, mechanized, commando, armoured etc? It seems to take a lot of weapons to destroy those types of targets when using weaps such as JSOW, SLAM and SLAM-ER, Brimstone and Mavericks. What other types would be more recommended? I'm assuming closer range bomb-types, but which ones?
aotino
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: Anti-personnel Weapons

Postby Herman Hum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:04 am

Cluster bombs are another potent weapon.

I think that the best way to determine the most potent weapons is simply to calculate the number of damage points delivered by a single loadout. For example, if a plane carries four weapons, each with a Hit Probability of 50%, and a warhead capable of 10 damage points, then the player should expect (on average) that the entire loadout will inflict (4 x 0.50 x 10) = 20 damage points. Some infantry units have hundreds of damage points. Therefore, a player must inflict a significant proportion of the unit's damage points within a short time (minutes?) in order to "doom" it to destruction. (That is the exact word used by the developers.)

No specific level of damage proportion was ever expressed by the company. Personally, I plan to inflict 80%+ simultaneously or else the unit simply auto-repairs everything.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:19 am

Great! Thanks for the info!
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:44 am

Herman Hum wrote:Personally, I plan to inflict 80%+ simultaneously or else the unit simply auto-repairs everything.

It is important to note that this nonsensical regenerative behaviour for land units only affects ANW (3.9.4) and HUE (3.10) game versions. H3 (v3.6.3) allows for the traditional accumulation of damage, that one would intuitively expect in real life.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Return to H3 General discussion