H3 Reimer Editor crashes during importing annexes

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

H3 Reimer Editor crashes during importing annexes

Postby alex2000 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:04 am

Hi everyone

A few days ago I bought Harpoon 3 Ultimate Ed. and in the package was included the famous H3RE (v.3.10). I've noticed that when it imports a large DB like DB2000 or PlayerDB, it crashes while importing the annexes (usually Plane annex or Weapons annex).
Do you had a similar experience? ...And in this case, can you tell me how can I solve this problem?

Thanks and bye

Alex from Leghorn (Italy)
alex2000
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Re: H3 Reimer Editor crashes during importing annexes

Postby Herman Hum » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:13 pm

Welcome (back) to the game.

The Reimer Editor does sometimes encounter problems with the importation of various databases, but it should not occur with the PlayersDB. I use it all the time and it is probably the most stable and reliable aspect of the game system. :)

I have seen the crashes you describe, especially with HUD or Y2K databases. I am always able to work past them and eventually import the database successfully. One of the things to keep in mind is to always be aware of the version. The Reimer Editor included with the game is for the HUE 3.10 version. If you try to import a database made for Harpoon 3.6 or ANW v3.9.4, you could see some of the problems you report.

Sometimes, the crash problem during the importation process is shown when you try to import all the data annexes at the same time. I have seen it occur with the Plane annex. The way I get around it is to just import each annex one at a time. It is a slower procedure, but it usually works. There are 17 annexes and you just go into them one at a time and use the Import Annex command. Once you manage to import all 17 annexes, you can export them and, in the future, the Batch Import process should work. That is my experience.

If you still have problems, just send me a copy of your Reimer Editor via e-mail and specify the database you wish to have imported. I will do it for you and send it back to you. My address is: hermanhum (at symbol) hotmail.com

*Warning* The Reimer Editor is a great piece of software, but there are still problems. Some information is lost during the Importation process. If all you are doing is using the Reimer Editor to check details in the database, you will probably not notice the problem. However, if you are trying to make your own database functional for game play, let me know and I will try to help you past the problem.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Return to H3 General discussion