CasoDB AMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

Re:

Postby aotino » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:08 am

Okay, I'm good then Thanks. I'll post the release when you give me the word. Will have some of the next set ready before end of year. Cheers!

Herman Hum wrote:
aotino wrote:I changed the date on my computer back to the 14th of Oct (10-14-12) and created a dB dated 10-14-12 in a seperate folder. However, the time is different. Does that make a difference?

Do I adjust and match the time as well?

The time stamp on your database files is not relevant to the game mechanics. The CasoDB 12.10.14 is the date field specified within the Database.XML file. Although the date is specified as 12.10.14, that is simply arbitrary and was selected since that was the approximate date the changes were made. You could release the CasoDB 12.12.25 today, if you like.

The best way to update your files is probably to just grab the Library installation file and run it so that it overwrites all your older files and then check the Database manager of the Configuration launcher to ensure that "CasoDB 12.10.14" appears when you start up the Scenario Editor.

There is no need to modify the clock on your computer system.

CasoDB 12.10.14.gif
aotino
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: CasoDB AMMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Postby aotino » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Hey Herman,
Just a quick question. I know you explained this to me once, but I can't recall how to do it. How do I create and write text for a DSD file? I want to eventually write a blurb about each of the next 2 parts coming up, as we did regarding "Opening Salvos" DSD file. I also want to add the names of the last three scenarios that are included in the "Opening Salvos" game folder.
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm

The battleset *.DSD files are created with either this tool: http://tinyurl.com/bh3t9x8

or: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloa ... le&id=1630

The H3DSD editor tool is easier to use.

The O1.0 Opening Salvos.DSD has already been updated to include the latest scenario releases. You need to update your database, SCN, and DSD files with the Library installer.

If you like, you can post the description for the "02.0 The Abyss of War" battleset and ask me to create the The Abyss of War.DSD file along with the sub-folder.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re:

Postby aotino » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Yea, okay. I need to update the dB, SCN and DSD files is right. I did try to download those two tools you offered, but I couldn't find them after I downloaded them into the Harpoon file. (I keep everything related there.) What do they look like, whats the file extension so I can identify them and how do I use them once found? Also, is the 7th scenario in the library? I'm about to announce it, but I was wondering if you went ahead and loaded it up in the library. No sense for me to upload unless it is complete. Thanks, Alan

Herman Hum wrote:The battleset *.DSD files are created with either this tool: http://tinyurl.com/bh3t9x8

or: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloa ... le&id=1630

The H3DSD editor tool is easier to use.

The O1.0 Opening Salvos.DSD has already been updated to include the latest scenario releases. You need to update your database, SCN, and DSD files with the Library installer.

If you like, you can post the description for the "02.0 The Abyss of War" battleset and ask me to create the The Abyss of War.DSD file along with the sub-folder.
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 am

One is named: H3dsdEdit.exe
and the other is named: battlset.exe

The seventh scenario has not yet been added to the library, but the *.DSD file is hereby attached for your convenience. You can update your database folder now, and then do it again after the release. It is a minor exercise.
Attachments
01.0 Opening Salvos.zip
(497 Bytes) Downloaded 441 times
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re:

Postby aotino » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:33 am

Okay I appreciate the file. I'll just go ahead and upload from the library just to make sure. I don't think there's any reason not to go ahead with the announcement.
What still puzzles me is that I downloaded those two applications, but neither one of them appears in the folder I downloaded them to. It is a mystery. But I'd like to become adept in writing the DSD's so that I can assist myself with publishing various parts of my campaign.

Herman Hum wrote:One is named: H3dsdEdit.exe
and the other is named: battlset.exe

The seventh scenario has not yet been added to the library, but the *.DSD file is hereby attached for your convenience. You can update your database folder now, and then do it again after the release. It is a minor exercise.
aotino

Postby aotino » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:05 pm

I uploaded the library and now I'm up to date with that, and I'll probably do that at the completion of every battleset, although it didn't include the updated DSD at the "Battleset" window of the game. I downloaded that from the file you just sent, and it listed all seven scenarios in the Battleset Window. Thanks for that, but you might check to make sure that other players get it when they download from the library.
I did find the downloaded DSD editors. The Battlset one wouldn't open - I don't think it liked my computer. However, the H3dsdE opened right away. It looked really easy but I don't have a clue how to use it, and didn't want to experiment for fear of fouling up my files. I'm sure once you know the key, it's a cinch. For now, I think I'll leave the editing up to you, since you so kindly offered. I would, at some later date, be obliged if you could take me through it as I would like to know how to compose and edit my own DSD files. I'll send you the "Abyss of War" blurb as soon as I compose it.
I'm going ahead with announcing "07 - Cutter Cutout".
aotino

Postby aotino » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:49 pm

End of 1st Battleset – “Opening Salvos”

This scenario, “Cutter Cutout”, is the seventh and last scenario of the first battleset – “Opening Salvos”. The next battleset of the Indochine Campaign is “The Abyss of War”. Hopefully it will come out sometime early next year with a series of 4 scenarios. I hope you check in and play.

Thanks, Alan Caso

************************************************************************************************************************************

The 7th NEW Indochine Campaign scenario of the year!

07 Cutter Cutout

Attu, the Aleutians:

On May 29, 1943, the last of the Japanese forces suddenly attacked near Massacre Bay on the Aleutian island of Attu, in one of the largest banzai charges of the Pacific campaign. The charge, led by Colonel Yamasaki, penetrated U.S. lines far enough to encounter shocked rear-echelon units of the American force. After furious, brutal, close-quarter, and often hand-to-hand combat, the Japanese force was killed almost to the last man: only 28 prisoners were taken, none of them officers. U.S. burial teams counted 2,351 japanese dead, but it was presumed that hundreds more had been buried by naval, air, and artillery bombardments over the course of the battle.

After the war, the United States government decided to construct a LORAN station on the southern tip of Attu, at Theodore Point. This installation was manned by the United States Coast Guard. In 1954, the station was moved to Casco Cove, near the former Navy Base at Massacre Bay. In 1960, it was moved to Massacre Bay.
(Source: provided by Wikipedia)

Forty seven years later, the island of Attu once again finds itself the object of a foreign interloper. U.S. Coast Guard forces must gather all personnel and civilians and organize a desperate and hurried withdrawal before enemy forces can take possession of the island and imprison its inhabitants.

Author: Alan Caso

This is the seventh scenario written for ANW and HUE using the customized CasoDB. The scenario and database are bundled within the PlayersDB installation file due to its phenomenal popularity and ease of use.

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library
Harpoon ANW users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
Harpoon HUE users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:21 pm

The revised Library installation files are now up.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re:

Postby aotino » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:08 am

Great. Thanks.

Herman Hum wrote:The revised Library installation files are now up.
aotino

Postby aotino » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi Herman,
I have finished designing all four scenarios for The Indochine Campaign that make up the next group called "The Abyss of War". The first is fully tested and ready to go. The second and third have had their initial VC tests done, and am getting ready to fully test them. The fourth I'll get to in a bit. Would you like to publish the new folder called the Abyss of War, and add the 1st scenario, or wait till I fully test the 2nd and/or the 3rd? Thanks, Alan
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:17 pm

aotino wrote:Would you like to publish the new folder called the Abyss of War, and add the 1st scenario, or wait till I fully test the 2nd and/or the 3rd? Thanks, Alan

A new folder named "02.0 The Abyss of War" and "02.0 The Abyss of War.DSD" file have been added to the ANW and HUE library installation programs and they have been uploaded to the server.

Please post a battleset text description for "02.0 The Abyss of War" at your earliest convenience.

When you think your scenario is ready for release, post a new message here and add it as an attachment. It will be appended to the existing ANW and HUE installation programs.

I think it is best to release scenarios as they are completed instead of a batch of scenarios at the same because gradual release allows your fans to constantly play something new with each scenario published instead of a Tsunami of new scenarios.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re: The Abyss of War

Postby aotino » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I will prepare a text description for The Abyss of War, and get it posted soon, followed by the first scenario.
Thanks, Alan

Herman Hum wrote:
aotino wrote:Would you like to publish the new folder called the Abyss of War, and add the 1st scenario, or wait till I fully test the 2nd and/or the 3rd? Thanks, Alan

A new folder named "02.0 The Abyss of War" and "02.0 The Abyss of War.DSD" file have been added to the ANW and HUE library installation programs and they have been uploaded to the server.

Please post a battleset text description for "02.0 The Abyss of War" at your earliest convenience.

When you think your scenario is ready for release, post a new message here and add it as an attachment. It will be appended to the existing ANW and HUE installation programs.

I think it is best to release scenarios as they are completed instead of a batch of scenarios at the same because gradual release allows your fans to constantly play something new with each scenario published instead of a Tsunami of new scenarios.
aotino

Postby aotino » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 am

Hey Fellow Harpooners,
A new battleset for the Indochine Campaign is about to be released, called "The Abyss of War."

02.0 The Abyss of War

This is the second battleset, consisting of four scenarios that occur during Mar-Apr of 2007.

As the war heats up, the Indochine Regime solidifies its gains and consolidates relations with its allies. The Regime begins preparations for the next phase of expansion. The Allied nations continue to reel from losses while trying to stop the Indochine onslaught, but their troubles seem to only deepen.

The first of the four scenarios will be coming out shortly, and the following three will be released as soon as testing is completed.

Thanks and enjoy.

Alan Caso
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:38 am

aotino wrote:*****************************************************************************

02.0 The Abyss of War

This is the second battleset, consisting of four scenarios that occur during Mar-Apr of 2007.

As the war heats up, the Indochine Regime solidifies its gains and consolidates relations with its allies. The Regime begins preparations for the next phase of expansion. The Allied nations continue to reel from losses while trying to stop the Indochine onslaught, but their troubles seem to only deepen.

The battleset DSD files have been updated and the Library installation files have been re-posted.

Harpoon HUE users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

Harpoon ANW users can get the:
Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to H3 General discussion