CasoDB AMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

Re: CasoDB AMMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Postby aotino » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi Herman,
Well I found a workaround to my Harpoon and computer dilemma. I pulled out an old computer, that still has Harpoon. I gutted the Caso Db on that computer, and put in the working one I've been using these past four years, except I left out that one corrupt scenario. I then rebuilt that scenario from scratch (that scenario incidentally was a re-edit from my very first scenario of the campaign, because it is a battle that takes place later in the same region. I was being lazy, but it may also explain how it got corrupted - by me reworking an existing scenario to make a follow up scenario.) Anyway, the scenario was rebuilt with some changes, and I'm in the final test stages. I am back in business.
Thanks,
Alan
aotino
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Postby aotino » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:29 am

Hey Herman,
Been busy working and personal stuff. Still developing scenarios through the old computer and its working fine for now. Am ready to release the next Indochine scenario. Let me know when its a good time for you. Thanks!
Alan
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:36 am

Always ready for new scenario releases.

Post them and they will be added to the library forthwith.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:30 am

Sorry for the delay Herman. Doing this work-around with my bum computer, and having to use an old PC until I fix my main one is really a hassle, plus a lot of work and personal things have gotten in the way. But on the brighter side, here is the new addition to the Indochine package and I have two more that have already been play-tested. I'll parcel them out with some space in between - hopefully not nearly as much space as there was in this last time frame!
Attachments
24-2LavenderB3.zip
(244.34 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:05 am

The scenario has been added to the Library installer and is ready for release at your leisure.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Hey just a quick question - I'm about to start play testing an upcoming scenario and I noticed something peculiar right off the bat. There are a number of ship units that are "Allied Neutral" - that is, they belong to the Allied Neutral Side, and the Posture for that side is "Friendly" and visa versa to the Allied Side which is the only side the player can play. When I started to play the game, none of the Allied Neutral units are visible to the player. I've never had this occur before. I went into the Editor for that game, and to test, I added a new unit to the "Allied Neutral" side to see if there was a glitch with the original build of the scenario. When I went to check in play mode, the new additional unit for the Allied Neutral side did not appear as well. Any thoughts?
aotino

Postby aotino » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:22 pm

The 24th NEW Indochine Campaign Scenario

Indian Ocean Alamo

Indian Ocean: West Indian Ocean/E Africa

Port Louis, Mauritius;
Temporary HQ of Allied Combined Forces -
Indian Ocean Command

The Allied forces that have found refuge in the Comoros, Mauritius and Reunion Islands are now under constant bombardment by long-range strikes from the Seychelles and Diego Garcia. Newly won from the Allies, these 2 bases are the Indochine hammer to drive out any foreign presence in the Indian Ocean.

The mess in the Arabian Sea and Persian Gulf has tied up most US capital assets that are presently helping Pakistan fend off Indochine jabs. The Allies in Mauritius and Le Reunion must hold on and make their final stand with what they have in the islands.

If we lose these positions, we lose our southern flank and the ability to wage war in the Indian Ocean - and that would ultimately deny us access to the Persian Gulf and oil. Like those famous Texans, who fought to the last man in a battle over 170 years ago, this will be a final stand - The Indian Ocean Alamo.

Author: Alan Caso

This is the twenty fourth scenario written for ANW and HUE using the customized CasoDB. The scenario and database are bundled within the PlayersDB installation file due to its phenomenal popularity and ease of use.

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library
Harpoon ANW users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
Harpoon HUE users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel
Last edited by aotino on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 pm

The revised Library installation files have been posted.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi Herman,
You may have missed a question I had for you, which is posted just above the release announcement I made for Scenario 24. Needed your opinion on something. Check it out when you have a moment. Thanks
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 pm

aotino wrote:I'm about to start play testing an upcoming scenario and I noticed something peculiar right off the bat. There are a number of ship units that are "Allied Neutral" - that is, they belong to the Allied Neutral Side, and the Posture for that side is "Friendly" and visa versa to the Allied Side which is the only side the player can play. When I started to play the game, none of the Allied Neutral units are visible to the player. I've never had this occur before. I went into the Editor for that game, and to test, I added a new unit to the "Allied Neutral" side to see if there was a glitch with the original build of the scenario. When I went to check in play mode, the new additional unit for the Allied Neutral side did not appear as well. Any thoughts?

There are some minor glitches with postures. Sometimes, when a posture is set, the game does not actually set that posture. Usually, setting the posture twice in a row is often sufficient to make it work.

1. Select the Side from the Postures function.
2. Set the posture(s) for that side.
3. Re-select the same Side from the Postures function before exiting the menu.

Another possibility is that none of the ships/units on the Allied Neutral (or possibly the Player) side have been set as the Flagship unit for that side. Therefore, no communications network has been created. Make sure one of them is assigned as Flagship for each side and see if that helps.

You can also turn on the "show datalinks" function to see if any link exists between the Allied Neutral units and the Player's units.

If none of this helps, post the scenario for examination.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 pm

Will do and thanks for the tips. Will let you know.
aotino

Postby aotino » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:36 am

Hi Herman,
The suggestions you made did not solve the problem of getting the Allied Neutral Units to become visible when playing the Allied Side, which is the only option playable in this scenario. I've uploaded the scenario in question, and if you would like, please take a look at it and see if you can figure out why this is happening. As I stated in an earlier post, I have not encountered this problem in previous scenarios that I've built and published. I'd love to get your take on this. This is played in the ANW format I believe.
My best,
Alan
Attachments
26-2GreenB1.zip
Hunters of the Deep
(118.44 KiB) Downloaded 417 times
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:38 am

The postures were set correctly. The problem lay elsewhere.

26-2GreenB1 repaired.zip
(118.53 KiB) Downloaded 434 times

Attached is the screenshot for the Praia sub-map, showing the base of Praia. The base was probably the first thing added to the scenario. Notice how all the data-linkages extend from the Runway facility. Runway facilities have no communications links. Therefore, the information arriving from the Allied Neutral units could not be re-transmitted to units on the Allied side.

By selecting the Comm facility and setting it to act as the Flagship unit, the Allied Neutral units promptly appear when the scenario is run under the game engine. The modified scenario has been re-attached to this message.
Attachments
Praia runway.gif
Praia runway.gif (70.68 KiB) Viewed 9975 times
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Postby aotino » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:45 am

Herman,
You are brilliant and thank you for this. This game still amazes me as there are as yet so many surprises to learn from it. I think its the premier Naval Simulation game, and I suppose thats why I doggedly stick with it. Thanks for the tip. Great stuff!!
Best,
Alan
aotino

Postby aotino » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:51 am

Hi Herman,
What you showed me looked brilliant and made perfect sense, but I cannot take the file from the Harplonk site and download into my files. I'm not on my working computer, but rather that old one that cannot load up the file you sent via the site. So, I thought I should just do it on my own on my computer and game scenario. I tried to change Flagship from the Runway Facility to a Comms Facility via the game which is loaded in my old computer itself. No matter what I did, it would not change the Data Links from the Runway to the Comms Facility, no matter how many times I assigned the Comms Facility as the Flagship. I don't know what you did to make this happen, but its not happening on my computer. I am using Harpoon ANW, and I'm confounded, that when I changed the Flagship to the Comm facility - ( C3I (Comm Centre)), the Data Links still remained linked to the darned A/C Runway.
aotino

PreviousNext

Return to H3 General discussion