CasoDB AMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Discuss Harpoon3 and ANW

Re:

Postby aotino » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:21 am

Okay. I have attached an updated version of 06The Canal, because I tweeked the scenario description a bit. There was some inaccuracies in it that did not reflect my edits. Please use this newer version as the correct version to match the game. Thanks, Alan

Herman Hum wrote:
aotino wrote:Thanks Herman. Should I post the announcement on all the usual sites that I've announced scenario releases before, but include the announcement of the revised dB?

That sounds like a good idea.
Attachments
06-1GreenA1.zip
(112.48 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
aotino
Senior Chief Petty Officer

Re: CasoDB AMMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Postby aotino » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:41 am

There is a new update of the Caso dB which reflects changes in the way mine warfare is conducted. The loadouts and weapons have been accelerated for better game play. You will find the update in the Players DB Harpoon Library, and along with it all the Indochine scenarios to date will be re-synched with the new database. In addition, this notice announces the latest Indochine Campaign scenario which, as fortune would have it, has everything to do with……. you have it - mine warfare! Enjoy!
Alan Caso
*************************************************************************************************************************

06 The Canal

Attempts are made to mine the western approaches to the Panama Canal by scores of submarines on lend/lease from the Indochine Alliance to their Peruvian, Ecuadorian, Cuban and Venezuelan allies.

The speed and completeness of this endeavor is astonishing, as it is performed practically overnight right under the noses of the Allies, in the backyard of Pan America.

The Chilean Navy goes on alert and coordinates with the US and Canadian Navies to reopen this vital waterway.

Author: Alan Caso

This is the sixth scenario written for ANW and HUE using the customized CasoDB. The scenario and database are bundled within the PlayersDB installation file due to its phenomenal popularity and ease of use.

Harpoon3.6.3 users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon 3.6.3 Library
Harpoon ANW users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon ANW Library
Harpoon HUE users can get the Complete PlayersDB Harpoon HUE Library

"Harpoon for Dummies" channel
[/size][/font] [/size][/font]
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:54 am

aotino wrote:Okay. I have attached an updated version of 06The Canal, because I tweeked the scenario description a bit. There was some inaccuracies in it that did not reflect my edits. Please use this newer version as the correct version to match the game. Thanks, Alan

The revised file has been added to the installation libraries. The Installation files are now on the public server.

FYI: The HUE edition of the CasoDB and scenarios was also updated at the same time, should you wish to announce it.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2760260
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re:

Postby aotino » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 am

I just announced on the 4 sites I usually post on - which are Game Squad, HarPlonkHQ, Matrix, SimHQ, but for some reason I couldn't open a Reply box on the 5th site - Wargamer. Who knows why, but I couldn't figure it out. I'll add the Matrix forum you added below for the HUE version, and will include that in future releases. There is one scenario left in this first section of battles in the Indochine Campaign, and then the next group should be placed in a new folder of the scenarios in my dB. I'll finish my testing of the last one, and then begin work on the next set.
Thanks, Alan

Herman Hum wrote:
aotino wrote:Okay. I have attached an updated version of 06The Canal, because I tweeked the scenario description a bit. There was some inaccuracies in it that did not reflect my edits. Please use this newer version as the correct version to match the game. Thanks, Alan

The revised file has been added to the installation libraries. The Installation files are now on the public server.

FYI: The HUE edition of the CasoDB and scenarios was also updated at the same time, should you wish to announce it.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2760260
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:48 am

The inability to post a message on WarGamer is odd, since you were able to post a message previously.

I suspect it has something to do with your web browser since the reply button tries to execute a pop-up window.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re:

Postby aotino » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Yea, you're probably right. I'll try it again and see if it works now.

Herman Hum wrote:The inability to post a message on WarGamer is odd, since you were able to post a message previously.

I suspect it has something to do with your web browser since the reply button tries to execute a pop-up window.
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:26 pm

If the problem persists, you can contact the editor in charge of WarGamer, Curtis Szmania.

curtis@wargamer.com

I have notified him of previous problems and generally received prompt responses.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re: Wargamer posting

Postby aotino » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:43 pm

I did try it again and the problem does still persist. I used the regular "Need Help?" connection and wrote them a description of the problem. If I don't hear in a reasonable time I may try contacting Mr Szmania directly. May I drop your name?

Herman Hum wrote:If the problem persists, you can contact the editor in charge of WarGamer, Curtis Szmania.

curtis@wargamer.com

I have notified him of previous problems and generally received prompt responses.
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:58 pm

aotino wrote:May I drop your name?

That would be fine by me.
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re:

Postby aotino » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:01 am

Thanks. :D

Herman Hum wrote:
aotino wrote:May I drop your name?

That would be fine by me.
aotino

Re: CasoDB AMMENDED - New Database and scenarios

Postby aotino » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey Herman,
I have the 7th and final scenario of the group under the sub file of Opening Salvos ready to go - all tested and running well - named, "Cutter Cutout". I am about to start getting into the next group. Is there a way of now packaging these first seven in the Indochine Campaign folder for the players as an "Opening Salvos" sub folder? I know I asked when we first began releasing, but you suggested against it until we got things off and running. I would like at this point to now sub file for organizational purposes. Let me know. Attached is the new scenario.
Cheers, Alan
Attachments
07-1BlueA1.zip
(55.36 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 am

I tried to open the attached file (07-1BlueA1.SCN) with the latest CasoDB release (12.10.14) and could not. I opened it with the scenario editor and re-synchronized it with the CasoDB release (12.10.14) that has been publicly released so that the players would not have a problem. Are you certain that the CasoDB you are using on your system is v12.10.14? I suspect that you are still using and older version. If so, I suggest that you update your files so that you and your fans are using the same version in order to avoid any compatibility errors.

01.0 Opening Salvos.gif
01.0 Opening Salvos.gif (27.59 KiB) Viewed 9698 times

With regards to the organization of the CasoDB scenarios and files, I am not quite clear as to what you ask or wish to do. Currently, the 7 scenarios for the 01.0 Opening Salvos battleset are already found within a single folder named "01.0 Opening Salvos".

If you wish to make the second part of your series, I would suggest creating a folder next to "01.0 Opening Salvos" and name it "02.0 Second Phase Name". Is there another arrangement you seek?
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Re: Help!

Postby aotino » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:47 am

Well that was pretty dumb of me. For some reason there was a previously dated version of the dB in my game file, while all my work outgoing files were the 10-14-12 version. I have no idea why it got that way, but it's infuriating to find it there. I put the right version in my game file system but it now is an 11-4-12 dated version in my game due to the cut and paste. What a royal pain. How do I get my own 10-14-12 version?.

As for the organizational files, I think you indeed have the game categorized the way I wanted it. Since I haven't gone to the library to download my own games so I didn't realize you in fact did set it up by sub-folders. That's great!

The next part of the series is actually called, "The Abyss of War."

Herman Hum wrote:I tried to open the attached file (07-1BlueA1.SCN) with the latest CasoDB release (12.10.14) and could not. I opened it with the scenario editor and re-synchronized it with the CasoDB release (12.10.14) that has been publicly released so that the players would not have a problem. Are you certain that the CasoDB you are using on your system is v12.10.14? I suspect that you are still using and older version. If so, I suggest that you update your files so that you and your fans are using the same version in order to avoid any compatibility errors.

01.0 Opening Salvos.gif

With regards to the organization of the CasoDB scenarios and files, I am not quite clear as to what you ask or wish to do. Currently, the 7 scenarios for the 01.0 Opening Salvos battleset are already found within a single folder named "01.0 Opening Salvos".

If you wish to make the second part of your series, I would suggest creating a folder next to "01.0 Opening Salvos" and name it "02.0 Second Phase Name". Is there another arrangement you seek?
aotino

Re: Help!

Postby aotino » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:56 am

Okay Herman, I tried doing this......

I changed the date on my computer back to the 14th of Oct (10-14-12) and created a dB dated 10-14-12 in a seperate folder. However, the time is different. Does that make a difference?

Do I adjust and match the time as well?

aotino wrote:Well that was pretty dumb of me. For some reason there was a previously dated version of the dB in my game file, while all my work outgoing files were the 10-14-12 version. I have no idea why it got that way, but it's infuriating to find it there. I put the right version in my game file system but it now is an 11-4-12 dated version in my game due to the cut and paste. What a royal pain. How do I get my own 10-14-12 version?.

As for the organizational files, I think you indeed have the game categorized the way I wanted it. Since I haven't gone to the library to download my own games so I didn't realize you in fact did set it up by sub-folders. That's great!

The next part of the series is actually called, "The Abyss of War."

Herman Hum wrote:I tried to open the attached file (07-1BlueA1.SCN) with the latest CasoDB release (12.10.14) and could not. I opened it with the scenario editor and re-synchronized it with the CasoDB release (12.10.14) that has been publicly released so that the players would not have a problem. Are you certain that the CasoDB you are using on your system is v12.10.14? I suspect that you are still using and older version. If so, I suggest that you update your files so that you and your fans are using the same version in order to avoid any compatibility errors.

01.0 Opening Salvos.gif

aotino

Postby Herman Hum » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:54 am

aotino wrote:I changed the date on my computer back to the 14th of Oct (10-14-12) and created a dB dated 10-14-12 in a seperate folder. However, the time is different. Does that make a difference?

Do I adjust and match the time as well?

The time stamp on your database files is not relevant to the game mechanics. The CasoDB 12.10.14 is the date field specified within the Database.XML file. Although the date is specified as 12.10.14, that is simply arbitrary and was selected since that was the approximate date the changes were made. You could release the CasoDB 12.12.25 today, if you like.

The best way to update your files is probably to just grab the Library installation file and run it so that it overwrites all your older files and then check the Database manager of the Configuration launcher to ensure that "CasoDB 12.10.14" appears when you start up the Scenario Editor.

There is no need to modify the clock on your computer system.

CasoDB 12.10.14.gif
CasoDB 12.10.14.gif (6.3 KiB) Viewed 9690 times
ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it

Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to H3 General discussion