Great job guys

Supporting Harpoon 3 and ANW scenarios made for the PlayersDB

Great job guys

Postby JackS » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:39 pm

I have played several of the scenarios and enjoyed them all. There is a good number of scenarios already and the list is growing fast! That's great news for people that like modern era scens since the DB2000 has been inactive for over a year now.

One thing I really like about the Players DB is the naming system for a/c loadouts. The aircraft launch/ready and the unit status windows contain useful information instead of a long string of numbers that mean nothing to anyone but the database builder. It's definately more user friendly.

Keep up the good work guys,
JackS
JackS
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Questions about PlayersDB versions...

Postby noxious » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi there, looking at the h3/pdb/db folder at harpdb, and there is a more recent version of the DB, dated two days ago and called --PlayersDB-ANW.exe instead of just PlayersDB-ANW.exe. Just curious as to its status, as I'm guessing the different name is for pre-release ?
So how pre release is it, if indeed it is ?
In the scen folder, there is also a library update dated today, and of course, I'm wondering what it is.
And what about the archives with a z before the name ?
Hehe, I'm a curious cat...
Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Be Kind. Everyone is fighting a tough battle
noxious
Seaman Recruit
Seaman Recruit

Location: Mourial, Canuckistan, Rebellious Province of Kwebaik

Harpoon3 PlayersDB Project

Postby Herman Hum » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:42 am

Man, oh man. I really HATE computer experts... ;)

You aren't supposed to see that! :lol:

Your presumption is correct.

http://www.harpdb.com/h3/pdb/db/-PlayersDB-ANW.exe is a pre-release version scheduled for July 1, 2008. You can go ahead and grab it, if you like. It only contains the database elements of the game.

http://www.harpdb.com/h3/pdb/scen/-Comp ... ibrary.exe is the complete library of scenarios for the PlayersDB and includes the database. It is also scheduled for July 1, 2008. You can go ahead and grab them at your leisure.

The server file is for use by the ANW MP server hosted by HarpGamer.com

The stuff with z- in front of the name is just old backup versions of the other files.

The various other files in the directory are just things we use to compile the Library files for the convenience of users. They come and go on a daily basis.

Welcome aboard.
Herman Hum
Captain
Captain

Return to The PlayersDB Depot